At the Club House
5th Basic AARP 9-3 pack lunch
16th Refresher AARP 9-1
18th Collette Group Tour – San Antonio TX
28th Private party 5pm-?
To my Southern Meadow Family,
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to everyone who made my fundraising for The Walk To End Alzheimer’s such a great success. With everyone’s wonderful support and generous donations, I was able to raise $2,140.00, toward the cure for Alzheimer’s. I am so grateful to each and every one of you for allowing me to do so well for a cause that is so dear and near to my heart. Although the actual walk was cancelled due to the nor’easter that hit Sussex County, Southern Meadows Walk to End Alzheimer’s was a HUGE success. Thank you everyone who came out to walk for “Johnny’s Angels“. I am sure John was looking down on all of us with that awesome smile he had. This community is the best and I am so blessed to call it my home.
Thank You All Again,
November 7th at 10 am – noon. The talk is titled “Living in your own home as you age.
The speakers are:
• Suzanne Seubert – attorney specializing in Elder Law
• Susan Hammond – representative from “Decision for Life”
• A nurse to speak on medications.
Bring a brown bag lunch and join the discussion after the presentation.
Veterans’ Day is November 11th and it is a Wednesday this year. There will be tables set up in the Club House for all to honor and display any photos or memorabilia of persons in your family who have served: grandparents, parents, yourself, brothers, sisters, sons or daughters. Please take the time to honor a Veteran in your family by displaying photos or mementos of them.
The community is invited to tour these tables throughout the day. Please, if you are displaying items, please set up by 10:00 am. The tables will be set up the night before.
Do you have military memorabilia of any kind, such as trench art from World War II, souvenirs of your military assignment overseas – Korea, Germany, Viet Nam, etc. Please come and display them for all to enjoy.
We have a great and patriotic community.
Dominoes and Mah-jongg
Domino Players will meet Thursday, November 5th at 7 pm in the clubhouse. Experienced players, please bring a set of dominoes so there will be enough to go around.
Mahjong Players will meet Tuesday, November 10th, and 24th at 2 pm in the clubhouse. Beginners are welcome.
Cake & Tea Party on a SATURDAY November 14th at 1PM
Here’s what you do:
SIGN UP – A sign up sheet is at the Clubhouse now. Please stop by & sign up.
– Bake your favorite cake & cut it into small servings. Make a Name Tag for your cake “Luscious Lemon” to put on the table next to your cake. No Store or bakery cakes please.
– BYOTC Bring your own teacup please.
– Tea. We will have several varieties of tea. If you have a tea you’d like to share, please bring some.
– Talk – Thelma will give us a brief talk on the mechanics of baking.
– Hats – If you have a favorite hat, we’d love to see it. Hats are always welcome. Fancy, funny, all kinds.
Regards to all.
See you there, tea drinkers & cake bakers.